Thursday, September 17, 2020

Resurrection - Brat & Blog




 To bring everyone up to speed, the motor swap was a larger project than I anticipated, and after several years of procrastination, my friends agreed to come help me finish this bad boy.  The EJ starts and runs.  Now I need to do a few finishing problems.  Here is a list of my problems, and I"ll make a post of each of my solutions so that this blog might be a good reference in years to come.  Since I started this swap, Photobucket broke the internet and sank most the useful forum posts.  So hopefully blogger never follows suit.  


Things needed to finish my EJ 2.2 Swap into my 1982 Brat EA81.  

  • I need to adjust the front anti sway bar, the hump hits my full time 4WD 5 speed from a GL10 turbo wagon.  
  • Fuel - surge tank and high pressure fuel pump
  • Exhaust - attach cat, oxygen sensors & muffler
  • Integrate the wiring harness and ECU into the Brat in a clean fashion
  •  Radiator & cooling setup
  • Install Oil pressure and Temperature sending units that work with the Brat gauges
  • Air box install
  • Battery relocate

No comments:

Post a Comment