Wednesday, September 23, 2020

EJ22 airbox into EA81 Brat

 The 1995 Legacy airbox that came with my donor car has an angled snorkel and did not fit great in the Brat body.  I pulled a snorkel and air box from a 92 legacy that fits much better, the MAF meets the airbox at 90deg instead of 45 which works better for the space.  I had to remove my AC relays from the strut tower and reroute (lower) the factory wiring harness from the Brat to get it in place, but it looks good and secure.  The only problem was the inlet to the filter on the under side of the box was almost flat against the fender.  I could have drilled into the fender to supply air but decided I would put speed holes into the lower box instead. 



I had to cut off the mounting feet from the bottom of the housing to make it fit so I need to attach it to the Brat somehow, but I don't expect that to be a big problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment