Tuesday, September 22, 2020

EJ22 Pitch stopper

 The EA81 engine in my Brat had a pitch stopper, and so do the EJ22 and EA82 engines.  The EA81 pitch stopper is not in the same place or same design as the more modern ones, so I had to modify mine to fit the new EJ motor.  I cut it shorter and welded it back together, and then drilled a piece of flat bar to bolt onto the adapter plate that mates my full time 4wd transmission from an EA82 GL10 Turbo to the EJ motor from the Legacy.   

The stock brat mount remains unmodified.  I guess the purpose is to prevent the motor from shifting with torque.  Some don't run them after conversion, mine was easy enough to make that it might as well go in. 

The Brat sat under a cover indoors for the last few years, thankfully it survived without any major damage, but it did accumulate a large amount of mouse crap.  Thankfully they didn't seem to ruin my new carpet or seats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment