Friday, October 23, 2020

It runs again!

I figured out why I was having trouble putting the gauge cluster back into place, I was trying to line it up with the wrong holes.  Age has softened the impetuousness of youth and I did not just smash it in thankfully. Know when to smash and when not to smash is the sign of an experienced mechanic. My high pressure fuel pump got dropped too much and wasn’t working, so I ordered and received my new one from rock auto. I put it into place tonight and fired the car up! Pretty excited to hear it run again this time with the cat on so it was not deafening. I filled it with coolant and started it again to let it get up to temperature but stopped quickly as I noticed a fuel leak from the new high pressure pump. I’ll try to tighten it up tomorrow but I’ve got a nervousness about having all that gas fittings and pump under the hood now. If this thing burns down my sadness will be immeasurable and my day ruined. I may move the surge tank and fuel pump back closer to the gas tank, but I think I’ll take it for a spin once before I start removing components again making it immobile again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment