Saturday, October 17, 2020

Dash removal




 I removed my dash to get better access for installation of the new ecu and to also clean out the vents and replace the heater core. I found plenty of mouse droppings in the vents and a giant nest near the blower. I was able to sanitize the vents, so hopefully it won’t smell like mouse pee and blow hantavirus in my face.   I used a factory service manual to label my dash wires for splicing with the EJ ecu.

I also selected an unused function of my “telltale” light to act as my check engine light since the 82 Brat did not have one. It is the upper light which I think illuminates a halo strong the shape of the car image on the dash, I’m assuming it’s to indicate when you have the cabin lights on, but I’ve never seen it do anything. It’s visible enough to be useful and pretty enough that I can ignore it being on constantly. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment