Sunday, June 11, 2023

Rear Wheel Bearing

 The rear wheel bearings in the Brat (which is actually using 1988 GL10 rear wheel discs and thus also bearings) has a bearing retainer that is difficult to remove.  So I made a tool.  It worked nicely, but I would definitely need higher carbon steel for the part that slips on to my 1/2" impact driver, as it has already started to bend. I remembered the Brat in rose colored glasses as nearly perfect, when as I work on it I realize that pretty much every wear component is due for replacement.  So thus I'm firing up the parts cannon and blasting this thing with all the new parts I can source.  The rear wheel bearings had a surprising amount of slop in them despite not making much noise, although it would have been hard to hear over all the other noises. 



No comments:

Post a Comment